Individuals’ essential needs for personal and professional usage are now PCs or laptops. On average, people use computers in their daily lives. As a result, individuals have essential data and files on their hard disc or SSD drive. Once they access the computer, however, they see that a handful of the data and directories have developed into shortcuts or, you can say, recover shortcut files on the desktop.
If they can’t view the file or directory, they’ll need a trustworthy process to integrate shortcuts to actual files on Windows 11 and other operating systems. As a result, they discover a remedy for the emergence of shortcut file problems. Individuals should utilize antivirus software to eliminate the shortcut malware to resolve the issue.
Additionally, we explore several strategies to remedy this issue; have a glimpse at all of the options to transform shortcut files into regular ones in OS that are listed underneath the article.
The Reasons for Befitting a Files Shortcut
The creation of a shortcut file on your desktop computer might be due to a variety of factors. The following are occasional:
- Unfortunately, there was a power outage
- The data structure isn’t compatible
- The absurdity of the operating system
- Infections with viruses & malware
- The breakdown of the system driver
- Unsuitable transmission
Windows 11 Shortcut File Into Original File Conversion for Free
If customers’ datasets were harmed due to shortcut file difficulties, individuals must then transform shortcut files back to their original structure. In the next paragraph, we’ll review a few ways to Convert Shortcut Files into Original Files.
Mechanism 1: Implementing Antivirus to Get Rid of Viruses and Worms
These are among the most effective methods for removing shortcuts to malicious programs from PCs, SSDs, and external and internal HDDs. To revert the shortcut file to the primitive file in Windows, adhere to the procedures provided.
- To commence, download and install a reputable antivirus program on your PC.
- Afterward, the antivirus program begins inspecting the entire machine.
- Antivirus software now provides a catalog of infections that customers must eliminate quickly.
- The shortcut files are fully removed from your computer at the end of the process.
Mechanism 2: Computer Viruses are Removed by Formatting a Disk
It is not difficult to clean any storage device, and individuals may readily format the gadget. Beware that your entire data will be irreversibly wiped if you undertake this procedure. As a result, you should always make a backup of your critical data across any storage medium or on the cloud before proceeding. The procedures to format the HDD are as follows:
- To begin with, locate my PC’s hard disc.
- After that, choose the drive and right-click it.
- Select a format from the drop-down menu.
- The exemplary window will appear on display, stating that formatting this drive will delete all data. Press the OK icon to complete the process.
Mechanism 3: Check Out the Hidden File That Starts Making Shortcuts
Consumers must examine the hidden files that begin producing shortcuts in Windows 11 and other versions to reinstate the shortcut files. Take a constructive role in promoting the improvements provided underneath to help you with this:
- To begin with, turn on your Windows computer.
- Select the folder option next.
- Hidden Files and Folders is an option that appears herein. Select ‘Show Hidden Files & Folders’ from the drop-down menu.
- Finally, uncheck or pick the ‘Hide Protected Operating System File’ option.
The Definitive Solution to Recover Shortcut Files on Desktop
In the preceding part, we explained how to access or recover shortcut files in Windows 11 and all versions below using free and manual methods. However, restoring shortcut files on the PC is viable if customers want a long-term solution to this problem. FreeSoftware HDD Recovery Software is the term given to this solution.
Individuals may easily restore shortcut files from an internal or external hard disc with the aid of this program. The greatest aspect of the program is that it comes with a free trial edition that you can use to test its functionality.
The Closing Word
The most effective method for converting shortcut files to their previous form is in Windows 10. Whenever files and folders in a victim’s computer, hard disc, SSD drive, pen drive, or other storage device generate shortcuts, they must devise a long-term solution to this problem. This post discusses numerous methods for converting files to shortcut errors. However, there are certain disadvantages to the free method, including the possibility of irreversibly deleting data. The HDD recovery program may also be used to retrieve shortcut files from an external hard drive.