With the arrival of good temperatures, our mind can only think of enjoying a well-deserved vacation, but until they arrive, we can always take the opportunity to take the first dips of summer in our community pool. The first thing you should know is that pool maintenance is done throughout the year, regardless of whether or not the pool is being used. Even in winter some considerations must be taken into account.
Once the pool is open, it is necessary to carry out maintenance to achieve optimal conditions for its use and enjoyment. But before its opening, a series of actions must be carried out for its start-up.
COMMISSIONING OF SWIMMING POOLS
The first thing to do is an initial review to check the condition of the pool. Once we know its status, the following steps must be followed:
– Cleaning of the pool bottoms, footbaths, showers, platforms and machine rooms will be cleaned preferably by best deep cleaning companies in Dubai before the pool is opened for public use.
– Water treatment: An initial analysis must be carried out approximately 30 days before opening and a monthly analysis during the summer season (four analyzes in total). First of all, we must adjust the pH of the water between values of 7.2-7.6. We will use pH Increaser or pH Reducer to achieve this. Then, a shock chlorination will be carried out using Granulated Chlorine or Powdered Chlorine. To finish, you have to add Algaecide to the Pool. We will leave in filtration about 10-12 hours.
– Repairs: Any damage that may be in the pool must be repaired before it opens.
POOL MAINTENANCE IN THE SUMMER SEASON
1. The use of chemical products is one of the most used treatments to keep the pool in perfect condition. These will disinfect and keep the water in optimal cleaning conditions.
2. It is impossible not to talk about pool cleaning and not to talk about chlorine. This product helps keep the water clean and clear. Chlorine level should be checked at least once a week.
3. Anti-algae: This product is essential to keep the water clean. You must add it every time new water enters the pool.
4. Pool pump: The ideal is to leave it running every day in the bathing season, from opening to closing. It always performs the opening and closing of valves with the pump stopped, as well as the position changes of the selector valve.
5. Clean sand filters once or twice a week.
6. The skimmer bag must be kept clean to guarantee the circulation of fresh water, as well as the leaves or any type of dirt that has fallen into the pool, with the help of a net.
7. Backyard cleaning should be carried out not only at start-up, but also for maintenance. This process can be done with a manual pool cleaner or with an automatic robot.
MAINTENANCE OF THE POOL IN THE WINTER SEASON
1. Winter canvas will be placed if one is available. If it is not available, transverse buoys will be placed to prevent the pool shell from cracking in the event of frost.
2. All showers will be covered with a plastic bandage to protect them from inclement weather.
3. The shower system will be purged so that no water remains in the circuit and the pipes can freeze.
4. The chlorine dispenser will be purged and covered (if it is not used in winter) to try, as far as possible, to extend its useful life.
5. It is necessary to disassemble the stairs of the pool vessels, depositing them in a place without humidity.
FUNCTIONS OF THE LIFEGUARD
The lifeguard is the person who must protect bathers and help them if necessary. The first thing we must make clear is that it is not always necessary to have a lifeguard. According to the legislation in force in the Community of Madrid (varies depending on the Community), “in all swimming pools there must be a lifeguard service with a sufficient degree of knowledge in terms of aquatic lifeguarding and provision of first aid, whose training will be accredited by the competent body. Said personnel will remain in the facilities during the entire time that they are in operation.
THE NUMBER OF LIFEGUARDS MUST BE:
• A lifeguard up to 500 square meters.
• Two lifeguards between 500 and 1,000 square meters of surface
• From every 1,000 square meters of excess, one more lifeguard.
THE LIFEGUARD MUST:
– Monitor compliance with regulations and the use of facilities.
– Help in the event of an accident.
– Clean the bottom of the pool.
– Keep common areas clean.
– Write down the PH level and water chlorination in the sanitary record book.